Monday, June 10, 2013

4th anniversary!!!!

What a weekend! Adam and I celebrated our 4th anniversary. 
4 years together and 2 kids later, we still feel like newly weds. 
We spent our actually anniversary preparing for our weekend in Bountiful so we could have lots of fun.
Adam got off work early so we could celebrate something else very exciting...
My baby sister graduated high school!!
Here we all are together rejoicing in her accomplishment. Its funny how as all the kids become adults we seem to get as close as when we were kids. 
Age doesn't matter again. She plans to attend USU so she will be up in our neck of the woods. 
Speaking of woods... 
That is where we decided to spend our anniversary. 
We actually ran into a neighbor on our way out and she had to make sure that 
we were going camping for fun. 
I guess we are crazy. We usually do a hike to celebrate things. There is just something rewarding to us
about conquering a mountain or in this case getting to see some beautiful lakes.


Here we are at the beginning of the trail, all nice and pretty.
This is the Lake Blanche trail we did this hike last year as a day hike with Thayne. 
This year we thought we would try backpacking. Please check out my beautiful backpack...
I don't know why but i always love buying backpacks.
This trail isn't long mileage wise but holy smokes it is steep!


Here I am trying to use Adam to show how steep the trail is. Yes, its pretty much like this the whole way.


But its so worth it! Look at those mountains!


This is my favorite stopping point to take a picture because you can start to see your destination. If you look closely there is a waterfall behind us and it is actually the one we used to get our water from. 

Here is Lake Blanche we actually camped about 1/4 mile away from this point towards the 3rd lake.




Adam setting up camp. I picked the spot so I got to snap some shots.

Well... I may or may not have had some sweet fire pictures... 
We found out the hard way that fires are NOT allowed up there... EVER. 
So please ignore our fire pictures don't plan on having one up there.


Can I brag about my amazing husband for a minute? So I tend to get upset and can't think straight if
things don't go according to plan... my husband on the other hand doesn't freak out and quickly comes up 
with a solution. 
Somehow silverware did not make it into our backpacks.
Needless to say I was pretty upset complaining about how we had beef stew and no spoons.
Adam calmly found some wood and began carving spoons for us. 
I love him.

After I ate my food with my new cool wooden spoon I was very happy...

Making both of us very happy...



Here is Adam getting pics of our campsite... again ignore the fire. DON'T have fires up there. 
$250 fine... not worth it!








Ya I engulfed my food... never has freeze dried food tasted so good!


remember that waterfall? Here it is! Adam wanted me to get the water but I told him I was better 
at taking pictures.




Ah I just can't get over that view! Great way to start a morning!









Although we had loads of fun, we needed to get back to our kiddos! 
Thanks honey for a great anniversary!
And making me fall back in love with the outdoors. Everyday I grow closer and closer to you. I will never tire of your unfailing love for me. I don't know what I would do without you. Lets never find out ok? 



No comments:

Post a Comment