Thursday, June 5, 2014

Hello again minimalism...

...minimalism has been a huge part of my life right now. I didn't dare say it because I was afraid people from New York would parachute into my parking lot and come chew me out on how NOT minimalist I was. Which is totally true. I'm working on it. My minimalism is not their minimalism. Isn't that cool? Just like we all parent differently. 

I could make this blog post really short and say I've gotten rid of a lot of stuff and want to get rid of more stuff.
The end.

But if you want to read a bit more than I guess you can.
Lately I have been focusing on crafting stuff.
I have one tote of craft stuff to some thats a lot. To others thats a little.
To me its a work in progress. I had a tote just for fabrics. Some I didn't even really care for
I just didn't know if I might need it some day. 
What did I get rid of?

Fabric lots and lots of fabric
Scrap book stuff all of it
(other than the book which now is out so we can look at it) 
Yarn 
knitting needles
Random goggly eyes
BEADS
buttons
ribbon
...
I could keep going. 
I just kept my favorites and decided I can't craft everything I see on pinterest. 
What gave me great courage was this blog post found here. 
She gave a great idea to just buy a cheap kit for kid crafts and when they are done get rid of it
all of it. Don't save pieces just in case you might sort of need them 20 years down the road. 
WHEW! It helped me so much it was hard to get rid of things I had even started to make, 
like a jean quilt I finally gave it away. hopefully it will make someone else happy. 
Every time I looked at it I just got frustrated. 

I still have a long way to go but for now I have found much more time to enjoy things like this...


and this...

hiking around beautiful Cache Valley.
Thayne walked 4.5 miles all on his own. We are so proud of him! He finally let us carry him when there was only a mile left. He loves being outside... I wonder where he gets it from?

Less stuff=less cleaning/organizing time.
Less cleaning/organizing=more time outside
more time outside=happy family
:)

Spoiler alert next blog post is going to be about a big outdoor adventure... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment