Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The most simple special Valentine's Day

Our Valentine's Day to others probably seems so simple and plain. Some might even go as far as to call it boring. 

We didn't watch a risqué movie, we didn't go to the club, we didn't even have a romantic just the two of us date. The media has portrayed Valentine's Day to be this day really about "doing the dirty" as one of my friends called it. I mean honestly. That's what the whole day has become about. 

Can I tell you how this v-day was my favorite and it wasn't focused on "doing the dirty"? First of all there are these beautiful roses I got. 

I wasn't expecting them at all. These beautiful flowers set off the mood for a classic evening. Adam came home from work Friday (he worked all day and night Saturday so we actually celebrated a day early) he brought home some food and cooked me a way better than red lobster meal. Because I love seafood. It was a meal we could all enjoy as a FAMILY. The meal was so perfect and after our meal we listened to classic Burt Bacharach songs. And danced I danced with Adam. Our kids danced together. I laughed and cried. It was a beautiful moment. I didn't want it to end. What could be more romantic than dancing with your sweetheart and watching your sweet son trying to figure out how to slow dance with his sister? I couldn't have imagined anything else I could have wanted to do. 

After everyone was tired of dancing we sat around our fire pit and made s'mores. We watched the fire together and I enjoyed the sound of laughter. And watching Thayne stuff as many marshmallows in his mouth as he could because I said "last smore!" 

We had the kids so wound up we ended up taking a very long time getting them to bed. And enjoyed a quiet evening together. 

It was a perfect day. There were no real "gifts". Adam made me a dinner that will probably be requested again shortly, and I set up dancing to Adams favorite songs. Our day was about our family and our love that we share together. It is a day I will cherish. 

No pictures were taken I just enjoyed it all and soaked it all in (if you can't tell the flowers picture was taken today). 

We were spoiled on v-day during Adams 2 hour break to go on a bike ride and look at model homes. Just the two of us. Thanks to wonderful Aunt Cindy. It just added to a perfect weekend. 

Simplicity is where it is at. No big stuffed animal, no jewlery, no amount of chocolate could have ever replaced what we all shared that day. I'm loving the simple life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment