Thursday, April 2, 2015

Joslyn turns 2!!!


I love parties, I love celebrating, I love good moments that I never want to end. I'm learning to savor moments instead of worrying about the next thing I need to do. When something awesome is happening I need to be there. This past week I had the wonderful opportunity to have my family in town. 

We got to go to the zoo. Mum took Thayne on a camel ride. Joslyn chickened out last minute. 
I didn't take a lot of pictures at the zoo because honestly I was soaking it all in. My kids loved being with grandma and grandpa at the zoo. I even teared up there were so many beautiful moments. Happiness is truly beautiful. 



One of my favorite childhood memories of time spent with my mother is sewing with her. Which is why I wanted so desperately to be good at it. When Joslyn climbed on my mum's lap I couldn't help but savor this moment. It brought back a lot of fond memories.


Uncle Garett had a birthday on Friday so we celebrated by making a watermelon cake ours may not be pinterest worthy but I hear it tasted delicious. (I'm allergic) happiness here was seeing everyone enjoy the "cake" even though I couldn't share in the tastiness. I shared in the joy of celebrating a sweet Garett would eat and enjoy. Joslyn was sad about something here. I'm pretty sure it's because we wouldn't let her lick anymore whip cream off until we got a picture.


Spending time with Lauren is always a treat. She made the Olaf you see in the background and all the noses with it. Her and Garett were great entertainers for the kids!
Here's Olaf! Totally done free hand. I can't wait to see what she does when she becomes a mom. Step aside pinterest.


Here is Joslyn's new friend Brielle playing pin the nose on Olaf. We are so grateful they came.

The kids. Cousin Mayli is so sweet and knows how to strike a pose. She didn't even mind being at a toddler party :)
The cake that mum and Garett made.
Towards the end of the party Joslyn just wanted to hang out with cousin Ryan.
She was cracking us all up while she opened her gifts.

Joslyns party was so fun. I totally forgot to charge our camera but I had so much fun and was savoring the party I don't know if I would have gotten very much pictures anyway.  
It's so nice to have family in arizona. It was also so fun to have my family come. Now that I'm further away from home. I am treasuring this time together so much more

No comments:

Post a Comment