Thursday, April 12, 2012

Ebay selling/buying part 2

Ebay selling/buying part 2


This is pretty much going to be a brag post

Finally I am able to do this because things have settled at our new place. It's nice

to be back in the city!


Here is what I bought on ebay... (all these prices are the total meaning including shipping costs)


Guy stuff first


Sperry Shoes $50 (guy says he wore them twice and that they were like new)

and after much inspection it seems he was right!




Orange shirt- $6.50, AE teal button down-$12.00, AE green polo- $12.00,

AE brown polo-$12.00, AE pink button down-$11.00, AE pants $20.00

AE shorts $19.50

Not pictured New AE pea coat- $41.00


Totaling for Adam: $184.00



Now my clothes

Top Row

Gray Day Trip shirt $7.50, Anthropolgie Turtle neck

shirt $8.75, Banana Republic Wrap shirt $10.50, yellow AE shirt $5.00,

Floral Hollister shirt-$10.50, Green AE floral shirt $6.00

Bottom Row

2 Jcrew shirts (they are both striped only one pictured)- $15.50, white Gap button down- $6.00, Orange BKE shirt- $4.00, Pink striped AE shirt $11.00




Pink Coupe 100% Cashmere cardigan... $15.00 THIS IS MY BIG BRAG!!!!!
It fits amazing, feels amazing, and I didn't have to pay a whooping $100.00 for it
Gap khaki blazer-$21.00




Blue J-crew cotton dress- $35.00, J-crew 100% silk dress $28.50
Yellow skinnies- $27.00, AE plaid shorts- $18.50,
AE pants (with a white tank not pictured) $8.00, White lucky pants $19.50

Totaling for me: $257.25

You can decide for yourself if I got a good deal. But personally for needing a
complete wardrobe facelift thats an amazing price. I didn't have to waste a ton
of time in a thrift store and people can tell me if the clothes are in excellent condition. Also keep in mind how much these clothes cost new. My cashmere sweater was supposedly worn once and it does seem brand new.

A word of caution of buying on ebay I struck out on buying NWOT (new without tags)
every time the time was NOT new and there were imperfections that items that
were labeled preowned didn't have.
What I did when this happened:
1. Contacted the seller
2. I didn't accuse them of being dishonest (I assumed it was an honest mistake)
3. I told them EXACTLY what I found and why I thought it shouldn't be labeled as new
4. They got back to me and we made arangements to get my money back
IF they don't get back to you,
Open a case against them
To sell/buy on ebay you need good ratings you would be surprised how big of a threat this is to people.

All of these items above are preowned and all sellers
said were in excellent condition. To be able to pay for these items I sold some of my old
high school clothes (and Adams) We sold a lot and now have a smaller amount of clothes but
still have a lot! We now have nicer clothes and now I can afford my loved J-crew.

We also just cashed in our old electronics to buy an original iPad... its on its way.
That will have to be a another post.

What has been your experience with ebay? Any brags out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment