Friday, October 5, 2012

Homemade Cleaners I Love

Homemade Cleaners I Love

You've seen them on pinterest...
you pin them...
you NEVER try them...
WHAT IS YOUR DEAL?!?!!
Apparently you aren't in a penny pinch like me or you are too scared.
I know its Halloween month but don't fear some of them are super good.
I'll let you know which ones I love 
and which ones didn't turn out so hot.

Dishwasher soap
Amazing! I use a splash of vinegar every time.
I even put some super dirty dishes in and they came clean highly recommend. Easy to make, easy to use. 
Recipe here


"Febreeze"

Smells so good! I diluted it a bit more than she said the only bummer part is 
I have to shake it up every time other than that totally worth it.
Recipe here


 Liquid laundry soap
I finally found a recipe that I love for laundry.
The first recipe I tried was WAY too thick. This one is just right. 
Recipe found here
Makes 4 gallons of laundry soap and the cost is a penny a load. How about them apples?


Cloth baby wipes work great! I only use them for pee-pee diapers for obvious reasons but it says a lot of wipes.
Recipe/ how to make them here

For the deep cleaning right before moving out of an apartment I used this recipe here
It cleaned the stove burners amazingly! Squeaky clean just remember you have to let them sit for at least 12 hours. So don't wait for it to be the last thing to do if you are about to move...
yes that is experience speaking. 





Homemade things that didn't turn out so hot

homemade "shout" 
it didn't even compare to the real thing.
Thats all I gotta say

Sink declogger
I had Draino before and ran out so I tried a homemade remedy that was baking soda and vinegar
it worked a bit but not anything like the real stuff. 
If you've got a big problem buy the big stuff.


So far I have had much better luck with things turning out than not. Have you tried any homemade cleaners?

No comments:

Post a Comment