Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Learning from the YouTube

Do you ever just find yourself watching the YouTube to find that one funny video your friend wanted to show you? Then next thing you know hours have gone by? (Please say yes) well hopefully among watching the YouTube to laugh or watch "what does the fox say?" You watch a few videos that are actually educational. I swear Adam passed his organic chemistry class from watching chemistry videos. I'm a total visual learner and have learned a lot of great hair dos from the YouTube. However recently I got really brave... What about cutting my own hair? Scary right? 


I watched this video here and tried it out. 



I want to figure out how to layer the back of my hair better. But for a hair cut that is super quick you can't beat this one. It was a little tricky because my hair is so thick. But I want to find a way to make my hair have a more "choppy" look. If you find any tutorials on that let me know! I feel much braver after cutting my hair… oh you probably want to see what it looks like...








you can kinda see the layers on here my hair is just so thick and straight its ridiculous. I might even go short. You probably can't even tell I cut like 3 inches off.

Have you ever cut your own hair? Saves time and money. However I'm in desperate need of a color and I hate doing that on my own.

P.S. Vet school journey is going again we are waiting to hear back from the schools. Midwestern (in Arizona) has shown some interest in Adam. We are seeing what happens next.

3 comments:

  1. I have a friend trained to cut hair, before we moved away she showed Brandon a super easy way to cut my hair... flip over, brush all of your hair as if you were going to put it into a high pony tail (the higher the pony tail the more dramatic your layers will be) and cut. Its very simple, but works great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! That was super nice of her to do! It was nice to be able to cut my hair during nap time.

      Delete
  2. It looks great! I tried to cut my hair once but it didn't turn out very well, you'll have to show me how! I actually color my own hair (just all over, I haven't attempted highlights yet) if you ever want me to do yours :) ps your blog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete