Sunday, July 15, 2012

Girls Camp 2012 Piuta

Happy 100 years of girls camp!
This was my first year to go as a leader and not a young woman.
And I had a blast! (I kept getting counted as one of the girls and couldn't help but laugh).
These are an amazing group of girls and I can't help but brag about them.

I never heard one word of complaint, or mean comment, or anyone being excluded.
22 girls, 2 cabins, and no one felt left out. Thats pretty amazing.
I love each of these girls and hope they know that I would do anything for them.

At our girls camp we did two hikes... Ruth Lake (pictured below)

and the fairy forest...

Yes, thats a tree playing a sax-a-phone
There were all kinds of crazy things.\
While on this hike we talked to the girls about carrying rocks in your backpacks.
I specically talked about emotional rocks we put into our backpacks (please listen to John Bytheways talk!)


During the week the stake set up some great activities. One of which was the obstacle course.

Lauren got the fastest time. (this is her and Crystal being silly)

Another day we had a rock climbing wall and rope course.
A lot of girls were a little nervous to do this but almost all did it. It was so fun to watch them conquer their
fears.





Now I know not every girls camp gets to do all these things but each girls camp can have the same spirit
and love there. Just as our camp did. Thursday night we got to share with each other our love of the
Gospel and love for our Savior and each other.
It was by far the best girls camp I had ever been to.
I hope to go to many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment