Monday, July 7, 2014

Why this California girl loves Utah

Yup thats right. I love Utah. 
Go ahead and judge. 
I grew up in California as a child. I thought maybe someday I would return again.
Adam and I visited and as I went back to my hometown I realized 
something was missing. 
Home

It wasn't there at all. People thought my parents were crazy because we lived in
San Diego (actually in San Diego not on the outskirts) 
some people say they are from there but they aren't... 

anyway isn't that where people want to stay forever? 
Mild weather, the beach, laid back people, the beach, THE BEACH!!!
The funny thing about living in San Diego is that I got bored of the beach. 
My mom was so shocked when I was ok to move to Idaho as a sophomore in high school. 
From Idaho it was only a matter of time before I moved to Utah.

I feel like Utah gets a bad rep from a lot of people. Yes there are definitely some extreme LDS people (Mormons) out here and some judgey people (aren't there everywhere?)
But there are a lot of good people here. Even ones that aren't Mormon. 

I love the mountains, 
I love the snow, 
I love that people want to help each other,
I love the summers, 
I love the springs, 
I love feeling safe, 
I love that people migrate here, 
I love that I can hike and only travel 30 minutes, 
I love my new home.

I didn't get to mention we were able to be apart of a Marshall Island wedding, right here in Utah. 
It was a wonderful experience. These Marshallize (hopefully spelled that right) people have also come to love Utah as well. I love other cultures and learning from them. 
I thought I was doing good at minimizing until I met them, but thats another story for another day.

I don't know if we will call Utah home forever. In fact our lives are going to change in a year. 
Adam is applying to PA school this month. 
He is applying to 2 schools in Utah, 2 in Arizona, at least 5 out east, maybe 1 in Oregon, and maybe even a few more. 
I know our Father in Heaven guided us here to Logan, Utah.
I'm still learning the why we are here. 
We have met incredible people who have helped us learn and grow. 
I am guessing this must be why. 
I also know we will be guided to our next home. 

 I'm happy to have grown up in California, I'm also happy to be here right now. 
Miracles are happening in our lives everyday. 
All I can do is try to remember them all when I get frustrated. 
Heres to the future whatever it may hold. I may look back and smile at the past. But my heart lives for what is ahead. Even though it is completely unknown. 



No comments:

Post a Comment