Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Dear high school you were so 2007


We are having to down size again. We will be living in a 2 bedroom apartment with 2 kids for 2 years. Which isn't too crazy and we certainly aren't the only people doing this. But somehow it's surprisingly difficult to get rid of things in order to make it possible to fit into a two bedroom. I've started to go through sentimental things and create some very small boundaries there. 

One big thing I got rid of was my year books... I was in one picture in 2 years in a row. And then my senior picture didn't turn out in my last year book and check out this picture...

I'm in the middle crease. I'm not even by anyone I know. I went through my year book with feelings that I never wanted to feel again. Hurt, uncertainty, and feelings of low self-esteem among some of them. Sure high school happened and it wasn't my favorite. But I can save the pieces I do like and teach that to my kids. I saved two pages that I wanted out of my whole year books. I don't feel any remorse letting them go. However I do have personal pictures that I took of my favorite times. They take up way less space and bring back happy memories. 

My husband on the other hand was very involved in his school and had a great experience. I will keep his year books probably forever. And I actually want to attend his 10 year reunion. Mine is still up in the air. 

Have you kept your year books? Do people even buy them anymore?


2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of just keeping a few pages rather than a whole book that never gets looked at! I bet by the time your kids are in high school yearbooks will be online or something like that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber! I figured thats all I would want to see anyway right? I'm hoping they are all online! Then I don't have to buy them :)

      Delete