Thursday, January 8, 2015

What if my talents are different?


It seems I'm aways having to reassure myself that I even have talents. 
Lovely pictures, beautiful quilts, elaborate crafts, CEO wonder women, fashionistas,  diy naturals, and even how to remodels cover the web. I seem to be good at none of the above things. But it's what people, specifically moms are doing right now. (Oh and sales I can't even begin to tell you how horrible I am at sales. ) I'm not even very good at blogging. 

So I had to think very hard about my talents and I realized none of my talents may make me money. But hopefully I can make someone in the world feel good. 

I know I know you're dying to know what my talents are. 

Spending time with people. I love hanging out. I could listen to stories of people's lives all day. 

Doing dishes. That doesn't mean my dishes are perfect but there is something about doing dishes at a friends house that is much more fun. 

I can get rid of things? Who knew that was a talent. I can't wait for the day my kids can help put things away but when I can pick up the house in 15 minutes. Life is good. 

Remembering faces. I never forget a face unless that face changed then you'll have to give me a break

Outdoors woman- I do love a good hiking challenge. 

I'm sure I have a few other talents but those were on the top of my head. Whenever I start down this spiral of "oh I wish I was good at make up, or taking pictures, or quilting, or whatever it may be" I now stop and think about my talents. They may not generate any sort of income but I enjoy them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment