Wednesday, February 29, 2012

You want a what?


There comes a time in every married mans life when
the "truck dream" gets squashed
apparently that just happened to Adam
we had a 99 F-250
ran great helped a lot of people move (including us!)
and hauled a lot of crap
but... also gets like 8 MPG

another down side I am scared to drive it.
Its fun but I don't like driving it everyone always looks in the window and not even
kidding you they always have a surprised look.
Like what in the world is SHE doing driving that thing!

Anyway... we sold the truck
I don't miss it at all.
Adam doesn't either

So what is the problem?
Well what the heck am I supposed to drive in case I need to go somewhere while he
is at work?

We have been talking about an economical vehicle that we can grow into
thats something you say when buying a house and thats why we have so
many 5 bedroom houses these days

This is what Adam suggested...







Yes... that is a mini van.
Chevy uplander actually


I kinda freaked at him a little.
I never wanted a minivan!
But here are Adams points which seem to rule out any counter attack I have

Reasons to have a minivan

1. Way more room to fit stuff than our volvo
2. Cheap compared to SUVs
3. Ok gas mileage (compared to the truck anything is good)
4. Safety
5. People don't want to race you
6. People are less likely to break into your car
(ok I don't have any actually stats on that but I believe it)
7. You can fit lots of people!
8. Room to take care of Thayne while driving
(this is one of the heavy weight reasons)
9. We can afford it
10. Low mileage for the price
11. Built in DVD player

Reasons not to have a minivan

1.PRIDE
2. PRIDE
3.PRIDE
4.PRIDE
5. Doesn't have 4 wheel drive
6. Everyone will think we are ready to have 5 kids
7. ok I can't think of anything else

So what have I done the past two days?
Looked up mini vans
I actually think I am digging the idea.


In other news...
Thayne is 8 months today!
He can roll like crazy
Scoot backwards
Say, "da da da"
Sit up on his own
Is in the process of getting his first tooth
Is sick for the first time in his little life with a cold


2 comments:

  1. vans are soo cool! just look...

    http://youtu.be/pUG3Z8Hxa5I

    Its called the swagger wagon. You should watch it is so funny! That is what we had to remind ourselves of when we got a van!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh just watched it!!! That is so funny! I am definetly going to tell myself that after we get the van! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete