Thursday, March 8, 2012

Chicken Pot Pie!!!

My first chicken pot pie!!!
It turned out pretty good. It was a little runnier than I wanted but I just looked at the recipe again and figured out why... I didn't put the flour in!

Here is the recipe:
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 3/4 cup of chicken broth
2/3 cup of milk
2 cups cooked chicken (chopped into 1 inch pieces)
10 oz. package of frozen mixed veggies
1/2 tsp. of salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp celery seed (optional)
Pie crust

Blend together butter and flour over low heat until smooth and bubbly.
Remove from heat
Stir in chicken broth and milk or cream
heat to boiling
boil and stir one minute
Stir in the rest of the ingredients (besides the pie crust of course)
Place everything into the pie crust (which is in a pie pan I used 2 8" pie pans because thats what I had)
Bake at 350 for about 50 min. Put foil over top so it doesn't overbrown about the last 20 min.

Thank you Michelle for the recipe!

I did a homemade crust and it was amazing!!! Hope you enjoy!

2 comments: