Friday, March 9, 2012

Canvas Bin Makeover


I found this wonderful canvas bin at DI...
at least I think its canvas

Got this at the DI for $1.00
Only problem is it smelled like smoke and no one in this household likes Hannah Montana
(sorry Miley Cyrus)

So what to do now?
Well I thought about covering with fabric
but the bin folds and putting the fabric over it would disable the folding power.

So I painted her... I mean the bin. Looks great right? Well this is before it dried completely and you could still see her face!

Let me show you what I went through... about 4 coats of PAINT! UGH
Turns out the dark wasn't the best covering power the white was.
By the time I figured that out Adam had come home...

He let me get out some of my frustration by letting me start a paint war. He almost washed it all off before I could get a picture.

So back to the bin... here it is all white.
Much better
You could easily stop here or...
(drum roll please)


...Add a chevron pattern to match your babies room!

If you really want a tutorial to how I did the chevron I'll do it. But basically all I did was sketch it out with a ruler and pencil. 3 1/2 inches from point to point. With the blue. I didn't use any tape. Then after the blue dried I went back and did the yellow.
I took an angled brush and just outlined. For someone who doesn't paint I think I did pretty good.


Finished product. I didn't paint the inside. I figured no one would really care if it was purple inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment