Friday, March 30, 2012

Selling/Buying on Ebay: Part 1


Here's the scenario:
Graduated from college, married, have a baby and no longer have mom buy your clothes
go to your closet and its full (thanks mom!) ...
of high school clothes/ thrift store clothes from college
Not working but still want to look nice but nothing seems to work.
You don't have time to worry over what you should wear so what do you wear?
Comfy clothes

Any bit of it sounding familiar?
I have some fabulous clothes that are not getting the attention they need and I am
not good at accessories
this is my ebay story

One day I finally realized that I wasn't wearing clothes because I thought
they were too nice for a "normal day"
so why did I buy them?
I started wearing my nicer clothes everyday and loved it
I started selling my logo t-shirts that I never wear any more
ah money back to buy better clothes.

My simplifying is going great!
I now get excited to get dressed and have noticed Adam more excited to dress nicer too.
Because I dressed nicer.
Its a beautiful circle.

Ok onto the steps to a better closet
1. Stare at it (you know you do it everyday anyway) but this time evaluate it. Instead of trying to figure out what to wear try to figure out what you have
2. Write down what you would like to see. Example you have a super cute skirt but maybe 1 shirt that really goes with it. Write down a floral shirt or whatever would go with it.
3. Notice the style trends that are in. This is what I did. At this moment loose floral shirts are in, bright colored pants/shorts, Nautical clothing, ect. ect. Notice and then write down which styles you think you would look best in.
4. Now is the hard part realize you have too many clothes and you don't wear them all
5. Make a donate box and a for sale box. If you plan on buying more clothes better get rid of some right? RIGHT!!!!
6. Take pictures and start selling






But what sells the best on ebay?
Clothes that you would buy

1. No holes or stains
2. Name brands (take a look at ebay fashion then brands to see what they promote)
3. Good pictures and descriptions

My rule is 3 tries if something isn't perfect I'm always honest about it. (has a stain, hole)
Item doesn't sell after 3 tries I donate it.

Get ready to start selling
1. Get to be friends with your local postal person. They are an asset to getting to know the mailing system
2. Know shipping prices and charge the right amount!!! Ugh I think I am finally getting this one down
3. I suggest buying bulk shipping supplies I got a happy medium size
4. Start by selling light things. Like shirts, pants... I haven't had good luck with yet
5. Take a picture GOOD ONE!
6. List it on ebay. Usually you can list 50 items for free in one month sounds like a lot until you start downsizing two wardrobes.
7. Enjoy!

My newest website I'm obsessed with smallnotebook.org
She has been a huge help in my trying to simplify my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment