Sunday, May 27, 2012

Going to the Temple

Living in Utah you see a lot of LDS temples. 
I love seeing them and even like seeing the houses around them. 
I had the opportunity to go to the temple yesterday. 
Adam and I have made a goal together to go to the temple as often as we can.
That has been about once a month. For others I believe this number can be more than once a month
or less. It is whatever you feel is right.

I've been struggling really bad with, well a lot of things. 
We recently moved, cut our monthly pay check in
half, and Adam is gone all the time (these seem to be the root of all the other things I have been struggling with). Lets just say I haven't been the happiest person or the nicest.
Yesterday was raining and its Adam's only day off. We really wanted to go on a bike ride or
hike but because of the cold rain decided against those activities. We made a new plan we'd go to the
temple and then eat lunch. After lunch we would play racquetball. We followed through with our plan.

Going to the temple and seeing all the smiling faces just melts your heart. 
You don't have to be perfect to go there (obviously because I go!) just worthy. 
While serving in the temple I started to cry with joy. (p.s. this never happens to me) 
I overwhelming felt that not only was I doing the right thing but that Heavenly Father loved me
and was so happy that I went to His house. I felt so welcome. 
I felt so happy. Going to the temple makes me a better person. Just ask my husband.

I hope there is a temple close to you. Everyone is given the opportunity to go through a temple before it is dedicated. It is called an open house. I hope you would go. It is a holy place and makes me a better person. I'm more patient and kind and I know it is the Lord's work in me because it doesn't come
natural at all.

In our latest general conference Elder Robert D. Hales of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles 
talked about Coming to Ourselves. He talks about realizing who we are and our "hunger for the sacred blessing that only He (Heavenly Father) can provide". Please read that talk, AGAIN. 
We all need guidance, we all need love. Heavenly Father loves us all even when we make mistakes.







No comments:

Post a Comment