Thursday, May 3, 2012

How simplifying got me an iPad

Here is my ipad. I didn't go into debt to get it or sacrifice any of our paycheck.
I did it guilt free.
How? 
I simiflied.
I had to work hard to do it, but it happened.
I sold some things on ebay.  
Things you probably have and don't use.
We had 1 old iPod that we weren't really using
and 1 iPod touch we were using BUT
we figured that once we had the iPad we
wouldn't really need the iPod touch.
(we still have one old one for running don't worry)
We also sold a tablet and
Old cell phones (yes people buy them)
We got a case, a screen protector and the original 32GB iPad.
With even a little money to spare.
Things that were cluttering our home are now gone and now we have
our iPad.
The reason I tell you this is because part of my organizing has been well,
spring cleaning.
But I've been able to get money back from things cluttering my life.
Don't be afraid to simplify.

Another thing I've been simplifying is my closet...
don't judge its not perfect


If you've ever watched HGTV when a couple goes into the master room closet 90% of the time you'll hear the wife say, "Now where are you going to put YOUR clothes?" and laugh.
Every time I hate it. You really have that many clothes?
Then I realized that Adam and I didn't share a closet before.
I wanted to change that and taking a lot of courage I started noticing my favorites.
I started to eliminate the clothes that weren't my favorites. I started getting money back...
so I got better quality clothes, then I got rid of more and so far
this is what I have. Probably still too many clothes.

These are dresses, blazers, and suits


These are Adam's shirts

These are my shirts AND skirts!
(are you proud?)
I haven't missed any clothes at all. I love what I have so much more
and now am able to mix and match better because I actually can see what I have.

My system of getting rid of clothes is wearing them "in order".
Meaning whatever 3 shirts are first are my choice of the day.
If I don't feel like wearing the first I go to the second...
if not the second the third.
If I choose the third one I think really hard on the first two.
Why did I not choose them?
Maybe I really just don't want to wear them that day.
After 3 times "skipping" a shirt I try it on.
Maybe its just not in season... maybe... I plum just don't like it.
Then I get rid of it. Via ebay or D.I.
Simple as that.

Don't worry not a minimalist just simplifying!

P.S. those are wooden hangers... and I love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment