Friday, August 17, 2012

Using Organic Deodorant

Just so you know I'm know as the hippie in the family.
I'm always being teased that I'm "going green". I feel like being "green" has become a political statement.
So I just say I like taking care of God's earth.
I've also noticed though in "going green" I've saved a lot of green.
One of the ways I've done this is by buying natural deodorant.
I actually tried to make my own.
Well, let me back up and tell you why I am so picky with my deodorant anyway.
I have tried so many deodorants and each one seems to:

1. Make my sweating worse
2. Because of reason one I seem to stink worse
3. Stain ALL my tops!!!!!!

Because of these reasons I had to find a deodorant that didn't do any of those things.
So the hunt was on. I found out that anti-perspirants were out for sure for me.
(look up health risks and how you need to sweat! Not completely block it out!)
But the only true deodorants without anti-perspirants were men ones
 and for whatever reason Adam didn't like me smelling like a man. Ha ha
So I turned to the internet to see if I could make my own more feminine version.
I did! And it worked good for the first 2 reasons why I wanted a new deodorant.
BUT it still stained! UGH!

FINALLY I found Tom's


aluminum-free
baking soda free (I think that's the biggest problems with the stains for me)
Environmentally friendly

Cost?
I think I got it at about $4.00 on sale. Ouch right?
I know what you are thinking you can get other stuff A LOT cheaper... but for a few dollars more
you can spare all your clothes.
Never thought of that now did you?
I have gotten rid of a ton of shirts because of stains. Its embarrassing!

Thank you Tom's for a great product that helps me feel confident and saves me money on clothes!
I've also heard a lot of good things about Kiss My Face products (they are a bit more expensive)

What kind of deodorant do you love?



No comments:

Post a Comment